We’ve heard this from so many clients – a design firm gave them a proposal, and a beautiful concept, but forgot to include several key items in their proposal. The client didn’t realize the items were “extra” until the site was well underway.
Here are our top 5 items to be sure are discussed upfront when looking at Web site design.
1. SEO (Search Engine Optimization) – how important is this to your Web site, and how will it be incorporated in the site structure?
2. Copywriting – is this included in the proposal, or will this be a separate charge? How will the copywriter work with SEO to incorporate keywords your Web site?
3. Tagline Development - Writing an effective tagline can increase the effectiveness of your Brand. Be sure you’ve discussed the development and use of a tagline in your Web site.
4. Social Media – Will the setup or linking of Social Media services be included in your Web site? Be sure to at minimum, include links to all Social Media sites on each page of your website.
5. Analytics – Is tracking code going to be placed within your website? There are a number of free services to track traffic on your Web site. Be sure you’ve discussed your options and that placement of code is included in your site template.